If you are following this blog, you know that I am going to make the most of my life before I die.
I have long wanted to make a list where I set concrete goals for different things I want to do in life.
I therefore bring to you… my life bucket list!
How my life bucket list will be used
Being a consultant, I naturally want to make my bucket list specific, measurable and realistic. It should be very clear what it is I want to do, how to measure whether I have done it and be attainable (it cannot be a goal that can never be completed, e.g. “stay out of debt”, or something impossible).
I don’t see the life bucket list as the only way to have a successful life, nor do I see completing it as my overall purpose in life.
I will make sure to live life to the fullest on my way towards achieving these goals and never stress about the ones I don’t make any progress on. Even if I complete half of them, my life can still have been a very well-lived life. The items on the list are merely aspirations that I will try to pursue.
I want to keep my life bucket list open for new things that I want to do and be able to remove things I no longer want to do.
I want to check in on my life bucket list once a year and write an update on my progress on this blog.
I don’t want to include things I have already done.
Enough talking? Let’s get to the things on the list:
- Get married
- Get minimum three kids (I do not have kids at the moment)
- Move to a house outside the city (I live in an apartment in the city at the moment)
- Give food and shelter to a friend in need
- Be a best man at a wedding
- Have a savings rate of 75% on a rolling 12-month average
- Achieve financial independence before age 33
- Invest in a startup
- Have an interesting and challenging part-time/part-year job
- Have an unpaid, meaningful job
- Be featured in a large Danish newspaper/magazine with early retirement
- Be featured in a large global newspaper with early retirement
- Have a weekly charitable job for minimum a year
- Collect money for a charity minimum five times
- Be active four days a week for minimum a year
- Do yoga every day for minimum a year
- Be a vegetarian for minimum five years
- Do not drink alcohol for minimum a year
- Have more than 100,000 unique visitors in a month
- Have more than 1,000,000 unique visitors in a month
- Get a mailing list of more than 10,000 emails
- Earn an online income of more than $5,000 per month
- Write 52 articles within a year
- Visit more than 100 countries
- Live abroad for more than one year
- Go on a minimum 10 day yoga retreat abroad
- Go on a +100 day hike
- Visit Antarctica
- Join an amateur soccer club
- Do a skydive without an instructor
- Run a marathon
- Get a rescue diver license
- Attend minimum one year of dancing classes with my girlfriend
- Perform a concert on a guitar
- Be able to play a classical music piece on piano
- Join a choir for minimum a year
- Write a book on personal finance
- Sell a book on personal finance
Lifestyle & other shenanigans
- Take a professional cooking class
- Live a CO2 neutral life for minimum a year
- Throw out my alarm clock for good
- Go to a nudist beach
- Try to be silent for more than 10 days
That’s it! My life bucket list. If I get to do all of these things before I die, I will die a very happy man indeed – even half of them would be a success!
As you will see, many of the items have a “minimum” condition, which means that I can always choose to extend them if it adds value to my life and happiness.
Now it is your turn! What is your most important life bucket list item?